BS Mechanical Engineering
- Graduated May 2014
- Aerospace emphasis
- Achieved skilled design and analysis expertise in SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS, and MATLAB
University of Utah Pistol Team – October 2011 through March 2012
- Team Captain
- Practiced over 15 hours/week, focusing on fundamentals of marksmanship
- Qualified for collegiate nationals
- S&W 1911 Pistol – Robotics & Systems Design I – Fall 2011
Reverse engineered and modeled a Smith & Wesson 1911 using SolidWorks CAD software as a design tool.
- Potential Energy Robot/Catapult – Robotics & System Design I – Fall 2011
Designed and engineered an autonomous robot that used the conversion of elevated potential energy to mechanical power to provide propulsion and stored spring potential to fire a catapult.
Catapult design and implementation achieved the longest shot on target out of 30 teams.
- Robotics and System Design II – Autonomous Battle Robot – Spring 2012
Designed mechanical and electrical systems to produce a fully-functional autonomous mobile robot.
Fabricated an electromechanical solenoid and implemented it as the robot’s innovative firing mechanism.
Utilized C++ logic to program and control an Arduino UNO providing forward mobility control and dictate timed firing of the solenoid cannon.
- Finite Element Analysis – Desert Tactical SRS Precision Rifle – Fall 2013
Performed finite element analysis on the dynamics of the rifle’s firing mechanics and validated experimental results of long range ballistics as affected by variations in barrel contour, length, and muzzle devices.
- Engineering Design I/II – Residential Wind Turbine – Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
Developed an innovative manufacturing process to produce the complex geometry of the helical turbine blades, winning the annual Boeing Innovation Award.
- Attended August 2009 – December 2010
- Gained experience with CAD software: NX, Catia, and ProEngineer
- SolidWorks Advanced Certification
- SolidWorks FEA Certification
- Crystal Ball & Monte Carlo Tolerance Simulation
- Multi-Factorial Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Design and Use FMEA